Saturday, June 18, 2011

101 Whiskies to Try Before You Die

The last time I turned down a whiskey, I didn’t understand the question.
“Too much of anything is bad, but too much of good whiskey is barely enough.” – Mark Twain.

I enjoy whiskey, especially good bourbon, so this book by Ian Buxton caught my eye the second I saw it. What you won't find in this book are deliberately  obscure, ridiculously expensive, or extremely limited whiskeys. What you will find is 101 reasons to get sauced off some of the worlds best whiskey. 


The book is not an awards list or a list of the "best", instead it is more of a list of 101 drinks that whiskey buffs should try to experience some great bottles. The whiskey world has many different things to consider, such as the many different types of whiskeys ( Grain whiskey vs. Malt whiskey), the proper glassware for your drink, and the different "cultures" behind every variety.  101 Whiskeys to try before you die does not try to rate the different drinks, rather it explains the questions, backgrounds, and processes involved behind some great whiskey.



“I should never have switched from Scotch to Martini's”
-Humphrey Bogart's last words.

~$13 via amazon.
Check it out here:  Amazon  101Whiskies to Try Before you Die 

12 comments:

  1. i should get this book, when i go out

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I've tried whiskey once in my life - clearly behind here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the book should be up to date for those who care (published about 7 months ago)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Got this book for christmas, havent looked at it much though

    ReplyDelete
  5. I personally don't drink whiskey, but I'd bet it would still be a nice book to read. It also seems like it has a description and possibly background information on it. Seems like it would be nice...

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love whiskey but could probably stand to try a few of these and stray from the southern comfort of my youth ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. My dream is to, one day, be wealthy enough to actually keep my own liquor "collection", and whiskey is a natural addition.

    ReplyDelete
  8. seriously never knew there was such a variety of whiskey

    ReplyDelete
  9. great fathers day gift. thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i've been to a few whiskey tastings but man, those are a lot of different whiskeys!

    ReplyDelete