Thursday, June 23, 2011

Fried Kool Aid

1 lg. order of diabetes with a side of artery clogging sauce please.
If you've been on twitter recently you probably noticed one of the trending topics was diabetes bombs, A.K.A Fried Kool Aid. 

"You know, growing up, I was a big fan of Kool-Aid. We drank Kool-Aid growing up, so I thought, 'why not fry it and see what happens,'" said Charlie Boghosian, the mad fry-entist who created Fried Kool Aid. If  you're like me and you wondered "what kind of  person would think of cooking this", then prepare yourself for some other offerings on his gourmet menu: fried Girl Scout cookies, FryBQ Ribs, fried Klondike Bars and Totally Fried Brownies.

I can feel myself getting fatter just looking at this.
 Since Americans aren't fat enough already we included the recipe after the break so you can cook up your own diabetes donuts at home. We take no responsibility for any health problems that occur immediately after eating these, so be warned.


Fried Kool-Aid Recipe

Ingredients:
- Vegetable oil (for frying)
- 1/4 cup to 1/2 cup Kool-Aid (We like grape)
-  3 eggs
- 1/4 of sugar (Want it sweeter? Add more)
- 1/2 tsp. of salt
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 2 cups milk
- 3 2/3 cups of flour

Optional (variations we think are equally mouthwatering)
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. dark chocolate (melted)
- 1 tsp. honey


Make the batter by beating the eggs and sugar together. Gradually add the milk and dry ingredients, including the optional ones. Cook in hot vegetable oil until golden brown (a few minutes, depending on heat). Cool in tray for a few minutes, then dig in.

Via Ask Men

Apparently these obesity orbs have been selling like crazy at fairgrounds across the country, and when the State Fair rolls around here I'm gonna give them a shot.

11 comments:

  1. These look seriously disgusting

    ReplyDelete
  2. I died a little realizing that out country, or the U.S. is making everything fried....
    .__.; I would put this on my "What I don't wish for list"

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want it...but I dont want it.. none of that is good for you

    ReplyDelete
  4. The thought of fried Kool-Aid made my teeth hurt.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it doesn't look fantastic, but I'd like to try it at least once

    ReplyDelete
  6. i heard about this. have you tried it? i'll be looking to try it tonight....

    ReplyDelete
  7. What, wait, what?
    I've never had Kool Aid, I guess Australia is missing out. Or maybe not...

    ReplyDelete