Monday, May 30, 2011

The Sandless Beach Mat

Summer is finally here and that means sun, sand, hot beaches and carefree fun. The Sandless Beach Mat from Hammacher Schlemmer is the perfect thing to keep the sand out of you know where.

Developed for military use and originally used to contain sand and dust when helicopters take off, the sandless beach mat is impossible to cover with sand. The mat is like a 1-way screen made with 2 layers of woven polyurethane that instantly filters sand through the mat back onto the beach and prevents the sand from reemerging from below. Measures 36' sq. from Hammacher Schlemmer, $59.95.


Check it out here: Hammacher Schlemmer Beach Mat

19 comments:

  1. it seems like everything good comes from the military

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jesus i need this haha my towels get so sandy its stupid

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooo !!! thats so clever, thats one of the main reasons i hate the beach.. getting sand everywhere !

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Jesse totally agree.
    when it doesnt kill people it should be alright.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So simple, yet so effective! Love it(:

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a glorious invention. Now cure cancer.

    ReplyDelete
  7. great idea, didnt know it existed !

    ReplyDelete
  8. That is amazing! I'd love to have one, I go to the beach all the time! But uh, $60 is kinda steep.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow I want one, what a cool invention!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @wellpickedbooger
    I have to agree, it is amazing, but the price is rather ludicrous when it only serves the purpose of filtering out sand from your stuff.
    Nice post, wish I had one though. ha ha.

    ReplyDelete
  11. that's great, I wonder how it works, I hate it when sand gets everywhere

    ReplyDelete
  12. that a good product for keeping the sand away!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I can go for this. I love beaches but hate sand

    ReplyDelete